Translate

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Letter of Ri Ryon Gum, daughter of Kim Ryon Hui, to the UN Secretary-General, President of the UN Human Rights Council and High Commissioner for Human Rights

Dear Secretary-General, President of the UN Human Rights Council and High Commissioner for Human Rights
I am Ri Ryon Gum, daughter of Kim Ryon Hui, who has been detained in south Korea for almost 6 years due to a despicable plot of the south Korean authorities.
My mother Kim Ryon Hui went to a neighbouring country to visit a relative in September 2011 before she was taken to south Korea by conspiracy and tricks of the south Korean authorities.
On the first day she was taken, my mother noticed that she had been deceived and strongly demanded her repatriation to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). She is still fighting for her repatriation.
Through different channels, I often heard the news of my mother who is fighting for her return home, saying she is a citizen of the DPRK and calling for sending her back to her native home in Pyongyang.
However, the south Korean authorities kept my mother from going back to her beloved motherland, the hometown where she was born and grew up and the bosom of her dear family, and took her to a prison on the charge of violation of the “National Security Law”. After her release from prison, they induced the police to constantly watch even her slight motion and searched her house all of a sudden, imposing untold sufferings on her. So she made up her mind to cut her artery to kill herself.
My mother wished to return to the motherland so much even in her dream. I am very indignant at the behaviour of the south Korean authorities who put her in such a worst state.
Availing myself of this opportunity, I remind you that I had sent a letter to the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances of the UN Human Rights Council on September 2015, complaining the anti-human rights atrocities of the south Korean authorities detaining my mother, and misfortune and sufferings my family was undergoing due to them. One month later, I was informed that the Working Group had correctly received the letter.
But until today my mother has been detained and put under all sorts of oppression and surveillance of the south Korean authorities.
I cannot understand at all why the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances is ignoring the misfortune and sufferings of my family and taking no measures against the criminal detention of my mother by the south Korean authorities.
Do the heartrending suffering and tragedy my family is undergoing have nothing to do with you at all?
It is 6 years after I was separated from my mother. At that time I was a middle school girl. Now I am studying at the graduating class of a university.
My mother would always say that her wish to see her daughter in university uniform. Just before graduation from the university I have failed to show myself in university uniform to her even once. It is deplorable.
Isn’t it a tragedy that my grandfather and grandmother in their 70s shed tears, saying it is their wish to see my mother, their eldest daughter, before their death?
I want to ask the south Korean authorities forcing such heartrending pains and sufferings; Are you human beings? If yes, how can you commit such a crime of depriving parents of a daughter and mercilessly separating the daughter from her mother?
Clearly speaking, my mother is a victim detained by the south Korean authorities.
Detaining my mother by the south Korean authorities is a gross violation of the international law and a crime against human rights.
The south Korean authorities must send back my mother as soon as possible to her motherland, to her family without delay, as she strongly demands.
I hope that the UN organizations would fairly investigate the criminal acts of the south Korean authorities detaining my mother, in conformity with their mission, and take practical measures to repatriate the allured and kidnapped DPRK citizens including my mother to their motherland and their families as soon as possible.
Stressing once again that such misfortune of my family has been caused along with the tragedy of national division forced by a foreign power, I earnestly appeal that my expectation for the UN organizations would not change into my disappointment.

Ri Ryon Gum (signed)
Daughter of Mrs. Kim Ryon Hui detained by the south Korean authorities
Pyongyang
February 25, Juche 106(2017)


No comments:

Post a Comment